(26) Why do you choose US but not Canada or Germany?
Because the United States has the most advanced technology and science in the world. I would like to persue a PhD degree in the United States but not in any other country.
(27) Why do you want to pursue a doctor’s degree in the USA?
A Ph.D. degree will help me to achieve my career goal. I would like to become a professor in a leading business school in China, and I am sure that a Ph.D. degree in the USA will help me to achieve my career goal.
(28) Why not a Ph.D. degree in China?
I’ve got my Bachelor degree at Peking University and Master degree at Tsinghua University. So, it’s quite reasonable for me to peruse my Ph.D. degree in the United States.You know, the United States has the most advanced techno logy and science in the world.
(29) Why do you receive financial aid from this University? Why can you get scholarship? Why this university gave you the aid(funding)?
I am a good student.As you may see from my documents, I have a Bachelor degree in Economics and Master degree in Management Science.I think such academic background should match the program very well.
(30) What’s the difference between your current major and the major in USA?
Now I major in Management Science and Engineering at Tsinghua University, an d I’ll continue to study in this area at Carnegie Mellon University.I don’t think there are too much differences between the two majors.
(31) When and where did you take the GRE test? When did you take the TOEFL test? How much is your TOEFL score?
I took my GMAT test on **.The score is **.I took my TOEFL test on ***。And the score is ***.
(32) Where will you live?
I’ll live in the dormitory of Carnegie Mellon University. I’ve applied for t he dormitory.
(33) Where do you live?
I am living in the dormitory at Tsinghua University.
(34) How many universities have you applied? Which?
I have applied for 5 universities。They are Carnegie Mellon University, HarvardUniversity, Stanford University, Duke University and UCLA.
(35) Any other school admits you? So how many universities accept you?
Among the five universities I have applied for, three gave me offers. They are Carnegie Mellon University, Duke University and UCLA.But I chose Carnegie Mellon University in the end.
(36) What kind of good things do you know about America?
America has the most advanced technology and science in the world.
(37) What is your best/worst quality?
(38) What is your favorite American movie?
Forest Gamp。Forest Gamp love Jenny.I have never seen such a man who can love a girl so unconditionally.
(39) What do you do in your spare time? What’s your funny? Why?
Swimming. I love swimming very much。I believe it will keep me in good shape.
(40) Which is your favorite restaurant(cafe)? What food do you like to eat?
(41) Can you talk something about the course XX?
Would you please see my transcripts and some information on graduate program bulletin?
(42) What is your favorite pet(animal)? Why?
I have no pet now. But if I have time, I would like to have a dog。Dog is honest.
(43) What is the thing you like best in America?
The United States has the most advanced technology and science in the world.
(44) What is the thing you like best in China?
(45) What is the thing you don’t like most in China?
Environment Pollution. Each nation has its best and worst。I love my country.
(46) Who do you know there? Have you ever been in America before? Have you ever been to other countries? Have you ever gone abroad?
(47) When are you going to enter US?
In the middle of August.
(48) Any relative in the US?
My **** is studying for his PhD degree in the United States.
(49) Did you applied for the ** University?(你丈夫或妻子的大学)
No, I havn’t. *** University is not so good as Carnegie Mellon University in the area of Public Policy and Management.
(50) Have you applied for the F-two visa? Why didn’t you apply for the F-two visa last year?
No, I havn’t. I did want to see my dear *** , but I wanted to finish my Master’s program first, which I promised and I enjoyed.
(51) Will your husband(wife )change to Carnegie Mellon University?
No.I understand him/her.We do want to live together, but he/she will finish hi s/her doctoral program first, which he/she has promised and loves very much.