(1) What will you study in the United States? What do you want to study in USA?
I will study for my Ph.D.degree in Public Policy and Management at the Hein z School at Carnegie Mellon University.
(2) Why do you go to Carnegie Mellon University? Why do you choose this University? Why do you go to this University?
Carnegie Mellon University is one of the best universities in the United States.The Heinz school ranks first in the area of Public Policy and Management I’ll study for my P.h.D degree there.
(3) What is your purpose to USA? What will you do in USA? What are you going to do in the United States? Are you going to study in USA?
Yes…I will study for my Ph.D.degree at the Heinz School of Public Policy and Management at Carnegie Mellon University.
(4) What is your major?
I’ll study in the area of Public Policy and Management at Carnegie Mellon University.
(5) In what aspect of your major will you study?
Supply Chains Management.
(6) Can you say something about it? What is it? What is it for?
Supply-chain management is a generic term that encompasses the coordination of order generation, taking, and fulfillment and distribution of products, services, or information.It is critical, not only to the success, but also to the survival of any firm.As a discipline, supply chains management draws on the fields of management science, statistics, operations research and economics.
(7) When and where did you get your Bachelor and Master degree?
I got my Bachelor degree at Peking University in 1998.And I just got my master degree at Tsinghua University.
(8) What are you studying now? Where are you studying now? What are you doing now?
I was studying at Tsinghua University.My major is Management Science and Engineering.I did some research in Supply Chains Management.I’ve just got my master degree.
(9) What did you do with your Master work?
I took fifteen courses, did some research on Supply Chains Management.I just finished my master thesis.And I have several academic publications.
(10) How long will you study in USA?
The Doctoral Program is designed to be completed in six years.I hope I could get my PHD in five years.**Why it needs six years? As you may know, Carnegie Mellon University is one of the best in the United States.The Heinz School ranks first in the area of Public Policy and Management.It has strict requirement to us students.I think that’s why this doctoral program needs six years.
(11) Have you got any scholarship?
Yes.I’ve been honored a full tuition scholarship and a stipend.If I remain in good academic standing, the Heinz school will renew my award of full financil support.
(12) What if you do not have financial award for the sixth year?
The department told me, if I remain in good academic standing, the Heinz School will renew my award of full financial support.I am a good student, and I don’t think I’ll encounter any problem in receiving such financial support.And even if I haven’t financial aid in the sixth year of my study, my person al saving at that time will be enough to cover all of my expense.
(13) What will you do with your work for this Ph.D.?
I’ll take courses for the first two years, and then conduct dissertation research in the area of Supply Chains Management for the following years.
(14) What is your purpose for the visa?
I need F-one visa in order to study for my Ph.D.degree at Carnegie Mellon University.
(15) What is your academic background?
I got my Bachelor degree at Peking University in 1998.I just got my Master degree at Tsinghua University.(看情况，如果他希望听你多说几句，就继续)My earlier work was in Economics and my current work is in Management Science and Engineering.My future research at Carnegie Mellon University will still be interdisciplinary.
(16) How do you know this University?
I got to know it from US NEWS.Carneige Mellon University has good reputation.The Heinz School ranks first in the area of Public Policy and Management.
(17) What is your plan? What will you do after graduation?
What do you plan to do when you go back? I will come back and seek a teaching and research position in a leading busi ness school in China.
(18) Give me three reasons that you will come back to China?
The first reason is I’ll take care of my parents.* They will one day become old.I can not leave them alone.The second reason is, I think it is much easier to find an academic position in China than in the States.* I believe I will have a bright future in China.The third reason is I would like to contribute what I have learned to my country.
(19) If you can not find such a position, what will you do?
If so, I will turn to my second choice.I would like to find a research position in our government.You know, there are some research centers in our government.
(20) What will your salary be then?
About 10 thousand RMB yuan per month.
(21) How much can a professor earn?
As far as I know, many professors in Tsinghua University earn 10 thousand RMB per month.You know, the salary of professors is rising now.
(22) Why won’t you stay in the States?
It’s not my country.
(23) Can you explain why 90% Chinese students didn’t come back?
Really? If really so, I think everyone has its own reasons.But as far as I know, these years, more and more students have chosen to come back after graduation.As to me, I’ll definitely come back.I’ll take care of my parents, and I think it’s much easier to find an academic position in China than in the States.
(24) Can you promise that you will not be attracted?
Yes, and that’s sure.China is my motherland.
(25) Why do you like your major?
I love problem driven research. I like to spend a considerable amount of time working on problems in Supply Chains Management.