61. If the sum of four consecutive even integers is 340, then the average of the two larger integers is
A. 83 B. 85 C.86 D.87 E.88
62. In 1987, $30 million of the total amount of federal grants to the arts was appropriated to match funds raised through private sources. What was the ratio of federal matching funds to federal non-matching funds in that year?
A. 1 to 1 B.3 to 14 C.3 to 17 D.3 to 20 E.14 to 3
63. The 20 people at a party are divided into n mutually exclusive groups in such a way that the number of people in any group does not exceed the number in any other group by more than 1.
Column A: The value of n if at least one of the groups consists of 3 people.
Column B: 6
64. Twenty- seven people applied for a certain managerial job. According to one report, the first interview narrowed the field down to fewer than 7 candidates. Another report claimed that the first interview eliminated fewer than 23 applicants from consideration. If both reports are true, and if x applicants were eliminated by the first interview, what are the possible values of x?
A. 21 only B.22 only C.20 and 21 only D.21 and 22 only E.21,22,and 23
65. To obtain an FHA mortgage for $50,000 or more, the home buyer must have a down payment equal to 4 percent of the first $25,000 of the mortgage amount and 5 percent of the portion in excess of $25,000. At settlement the buyer pays a mortgage amount. What is the maximum FHA mortgage, if any, a buyer can obtain if the buyer has only $6,000 available for the down payment and insurance premium?
A. $62,500 B.$71,875 C.$78,125 D.$125,000 E. The home buyer cannot obtain an FHA mortgage.
66. A $550 donation to a community fund is to be divided among three organizations. The hospital is to get twice as much as the community recreation center and three times as much as the volunteer fire company. How much of the donation is to go to the community recreation center?
A.$50 B.$75 C.$100 D.$150 E.$200
A. The quantity in Column A is greater.
B. The quantity in Column B is greater.
C. The two quantities are equal.
D. The relationship cannot be determined from the information given.
68.A certain holiday is always on the fourth Tuesday of Month X. If Month X has 30 days, on how many different dates of Month X can the holiday fall?
A. Four B.Five C.Six D. Seven E.Eight
69. How many positive integers can be expressed as a product of two or more of the prime number 5, 7, 11, and 13 if no one product is to include the same prime factor more than once?
A.Eight B.Nine C. Ten D.Eleven E.Twelve
70.In 1990 for which of the selected sciences did the greatest percent of its graduate students have research fellowships?
A.Biology B. Chemistry C. Computer science D. Engineering E. Physics