Wednesday, November 28, 2007
1. A line 'l' passes through (3,-2) and cuts the coordinate axis. line 'm ' is perpendicular to line 'l' .
Column A : Slope of line m
Column B : 3/2
2. The distance travelled by a train is 'd' and the time taken is h hrs. Next day the train travels the same distance but reaches 15 min early. What is the average speed in terms of 'd' and 'h'?
3. 7 is the digit on tens place for X and 8 is the digit for tens place for Y. What is the Tens digit for
col A : 1/x
col B : 1/x^2
5. If n * sqrt(0.01) = 1 then What is the value of n?
6. (0.5)^-2 , (0.5)^-1 , (0.5)^0 , (0.5)^1 , (0.5)^2. Find the range of the above numbers
7. If a line passes through (-3,2) and cuts coordinate axis.
Col A: x-intercept of line
Col B: y-intercept of line
8. Given f(x)=x^2+x
Col a: f(x+1)
Col b: f(x) + f(1)
9. If a square is inside the circle with its side 's' then What is the area of the circle?
Ans: pi * s^2/2
10. Tom brought 'n' shares for 't' dollars( n> 20).Then he sold 'n-20' shares at 't+1' per share and sold the remaining shares at 't+3' per share.
Col A: total value of shares sold - total value of shares he bought
Col B: t+40