151. The trouble is that it is extremely difficult to be sure about radiation damage –--a person may feel perfectly well, but the cells of his or her sex organs may be damaged, and this will not be discovered until the birth of deformed (畸形) children or even grandchildren.
152. In the end , only 7 out of 19 regular Cola drinkers correctly identified their brand of choice in all for trails. The diet-Cola drinkers did a little worse – only 7 of 27 identified all four sample correctly.
153. Taste is such a subjective matter that we don’t usually conduct preference tests for food.
154. It seems simple enough to distinguish between the organism and the surrounding environment and to separate forces acting on an organism into those that are internal and biological and those that are external and environmental.
155. But in actual practice this system breaks down in many ways, because the organism and the environment are constantly interacting so that the environment is modified by the orgainism and vice versa (反之亦然).
156. In the case of man, the difficulties with the environment concept are even more complicated because we have to deal with man as an animal and with man as a bearer(持有者) of culture.
157. If we look at man as an animal and try to analyze the environmental forces that are acting on the organism, we find that we have to deal with things like climate, soil, plants, and such like factors common to all biological situations; but we also find, always, very important environmental influences that we can only class as “cultural”, which modify the physical and biological factors.
158. We thus easily get into great difficulties from the necessity of viewing culture, at one moment, as a part of the man and, at another moment, as a part of the environment.
159. Unaware that their own ability has developed through the years, they assume the new generation of young people must be hopeless in this respect.
160 Since this concern about the decline and fall of the English language is not perceived as a generation phenomenon but rather as something new and peculiar to today's young people, it natrually follows that today's English teachers cannot be doing their jobs.