desultory: 不连贯的,disconnected; random; lacking in consistency or order
1) lacking connection; aimless; random
2) lacking in relevance
3) marked by lack of definite plan, regularity, or purpose
4) not connected with the main subject
5) disappointing in progress, performance, or quality 6) moving or jumping from one thing to another; disconnected7) occurring haphazardly; random. chance.
6) aimless haphazard digressing at random
7) moving in a random, directionless manner
8) random; disconnected; rambling
9) jumping from one thing to another; disconnected
desultory <> assiduous, strictly methodical, carefully planned
desultory = random, aimless, casual, haphazard, indiscriminate, unconsidered, unplanned
desultory : plan
The thefts were occurring in a desultory manner making them difficult to track.
The jury had difficulty following the witnesses desultory testimony.