obsequious: 奉承的; full of or exhibiting servile compliance; fawning
1) characterized by fawning or servile attentiveness
2) overly submissive and eager to please
3) servilely attentive; fawning
4) obedient or attentive to an excessive or servile degree
5) Overly submissive and eager to please
sycophant : obsequious
obsequious : deferential
obsequious : attentiveness
obsequious <> imperious
1. Your obsequious behavior is not going to earn you any favors from the teacher; it would be better simply to attend to your studies.
2. The obsequious new associate made sure to compliment her supervisor's tie and agree with him on every issue.
3. The man's attraction to the woman would be obvious if his obsequious behavior could be noted.
4. The princess only seemed to encourage the obsequious behavior of her court to enhance her own feeling of superiority.
Synonyms: deferential, groveling, submissive, subservient
sycophant : obsequious = libertine : dissolute
obsequious : deferential = peeved : annoyed
obsequious : deferential = maudlin : sentimental 谄媚的:恭顺=脆弱的:敏感
imperious<>humble/ obsequious 专横的<>谦逊的 /献媚的
obsequious : attentiveness = parsimonious : frugality