denigrate: 诽谤; To attack the character or reputation of; speak ill of; defame
1) to attack the reputation or achievements of another
2) to defame, to blacken or sully; to belittle
3) to slur or blacken someone's reputation
4) to slur someone's reputation
5) blacken belittle sully defame
Synonyms: belittle, criticize, disparage
denigrate <> extol, lionize, exalt, honor, accolade, exult
He did nothing but denigrate his classmates’ artwork, but could hardly tolerate the most neutral comment about his own.
After finding out her evil secret, he announced it to the council and denigrated her in public.
Her attempt to denigrate the man's name was not successful.
660. exonerate ,