● Do you enjoy dancing? [Why/Why not?]
● Has anyone ever taught you to dance? [Why/Why not?]
● Tell me about any traditional dancing in your country.
● Do you think that traditional dancing will be popular in the future? [Why/Why not?]
1. Do you enjoy dancing? (Why/Why not?)
Yes, I really like to dance. It is one of my favorite activities. Ever since I was a little child I liked to watch dances and participate in them also. It just makes me feel so happy and free and gives me a chance to express myself artistically.
2. Has anyone ever taught you to dance? (Why/Why not?)
Well, you know, in university there are dance classes that you can attend. The dance instructor that I had was very nice and showed a lot of patience with me, because at that time I felt like I had “two left feet”, if you know what I mean. So he really helped me to have more confidence in not just dancing but also in other aspects of my life. I really miss him.
two left feet笨手笨脚
3. Tell me about any traditional dancing in your country.
You know I would really like to tell you about traditional dances in China but the younger generation here in China are more interested in hip hop and break dancing and things of the West. I know there are a lot of traditional dances in China, like lion dance or Yanko Dance, and some of them are quite pretty, but to be honest I am not very good at them.
4. Do you think that traditioanl dancing will be popular in the future? ( Why/Why not? )
I think there is a place for it in the future, but I am not sure how popular it will be. It would be a pity to me if we didn't preserve our dances and culture because it is so unique, but how all this will play out in the future I am just not sure.