How do I identify the topic?
先来看下面的题目，What is the issue?
The crime rate among teenagers has increased dramatically in many countries.
Discuss some possible reasons for this increase and suggest solutions.
What if I identified ‘crime’ as the topic?
Identify the Topic - Practice
Have a look at the following essay questions and choose the best answer to identify the topic.
1. 'Telecommuting' refers to workers doing their jobs from home for part of each week and communicating with their office using computer technology. Telecommuting is growing in many countries and is expected to be common for most office workers in the coming decades. How do you think society will be affected by the growth of telecommuting?
Working from home
2. To what extent is the use of animals in scientific research acceptable?
3. We are becoming increasingly dependent on computers. They are used in businesses, hospitals, crime detection and even to fly planes. What things will they be used for in the future? Is this dependence on computers a good thing or should we be more suspicious of their benefits?
The benefits of computers
Computers in businesses, hospitals, crime detection, and flying.
4. In what ways has information technology changed work and working practices in the past 10 years?
Information technology and work
5. Blood sports have become a hot topic for debate in recent years. As society develops it is increasingly seen as an uncivilized activity and cruel to the helpless animals that are killed. All blood sports should be banned. Discuss the main arguments for this statement and give your own opinion.
Blood sports and uncivilized activity
6. A growing number of people feel that animals should not be exploited by people and that they should have the same rights as humans, while others argue that humans must employ animals to satisfy their various needs, including uses for food and research. Discuss the arguments in favour of both these positions and state your own position on the issue.
Satisfying human needs
Animals and humans
7. Forests are the lungs of the earth. Destruction of the world's forests amounts to death of the world we currently know. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Death of the world
8. The idea of going overseas for university study is an exciting prospect for many people. But while it may offer some advantages, it is probably better to stay home because of the difficulties a student inevitably encounters living and studying in a different culture. To what extent do you agree or disagree this statement?
Living in a different culture
9. Zoos are sometimes seen as necessary but not poor alternatives to a natural environment. Discuss some of the arguments for and/or against keeping animals in zoos.
Alternatives to zoos
Keeping animals in zoos
10. Many countries are currently witnessing an increase in criminal activity among young people. Discuss reasons for this phenomenon and suggest ways to deal with the problem.
Increases in crime
雅思速成 之 "必看专题" 详情请戳图~