1. If d is the standard deviation of x,y and z then what is the standard of x+6,y+6 and z+6?
2. Out of 45, 25 are married and 38 are houseowners.
col A: least no.of houseowners who are married
col b: 18
3. A two digit number is a multiple of 3 and thrice this number has 7 in its units place.
col a: the number is
col B: 69
4. (0.5)^-2 , (0.5)^-1 , (0.5)^0 , (0.5)^1 , (0.5)^2. Find the range of the above numbers
5. If n is an integer when divided by 17 leaves a reminder 4, what is the reminder when 5n is divided by
Ans : 3
6. In a set of 5 numbers, if 7 is the median, 4 is the mode & mean of the largest & second largest
number is 20. Find average of 5
7. Where will the point of intersection of the lines 3x + 5y = 7 and 2x - 10y = - 3 lie?
A. On X-Axis
B. On Y-Axis
C. In Quadrant I
D. In Quadrant III
E. In Quadrant IV
8.On a street, there are four houses which are to be painted. There is a choice of three colors, and one
house will be painted with
a single color. In how many ways can the houses be painted?
9. A B
+ B A
C B C
Col A: B
Col B: 2
10.There was a $25 discount on every purchase of $75 there was a 10% charge on shipping which was
added before the discount
and 20% sales tax after the discount was added. If john paid total $300, what was the original amount
of purchase if no sales tax
was added per $75
Ans : 240.
11. Consider circle with centre O. AB is a chord of the circle. AOB is a right triangle C is a point on the
circumference of circle such
that angle BOC = 60 degrees Compare.
Col A : area of triangle AOB
Col B : area of sector BOC.
Ans : B
12. A company sold a product for x dollars in 1990. The price of product would increase by 2.5% every
year. Which of the following
expressions could be used to calculate the price of the product in the year 2000?
Ans : x*(1.025)^10
13. Given ABCD is a square with perimeter k and M, N, O, P are the midpoints of the square. If with
this midpoints another
square MNOP is formed then
Col A: perimeter of inner square is
Col B: 1/2 k
14. If x is an integer and (x-5)/2 is an integer. Then which of the following is an integer?
B. (x+2)^2/4 .......
15. Col A: The number of real roots of 2x-3/7=0
Col B: The number of real roots of x^2+3=0