261. Statistical evidence lends support to the view that a massive influx of funding is needed to strengthen crime prevention programs .
262. Personal experience has taught that kindness to others pays untold dividends .
263. Case histories show that all nations face recurring periods of economic fluctuations .
264. Personal experience leads me to conclude that all people need to take time to smell the roses ( evaluate and appreciate the many good things they have in their lives ) .
265. Recent studies conducted by doctors show that excessive exposure to the sun's rays causes skin cancer .
266. Nationwide surveys conducted in 1997 revealed a dramatic rise in the ownership of television sets , refrigerators , air conditioners and washing machines .
267. History tells us that mankind has a tendency to repeat past mistakes .
268. We have amassed ample objective proof to show the urgent need for crisis intervention in suspected child abuse cases .
269. Unfortunately , available evidence fails to establish any direct link between smoking and cancer .
270. Fortunately , mountains of reliable evidence proves the direct link between smoking and cancer beyond any shadow of the doubt .