1. He doesn’t teach in this department.
2. It seems as though we’ve known each other for a long time instead of just two weeks.
3. Dick’s parents made him spend his vacation at home.
4. I found that poem hard to understand, didn’t you?
5. He himself didn’t know what to do.
6. This trip will be shorter on the subway than on the bus.
7. Sue swims a mile every day to keep in shape.
8. The high winds resulted in heavy damage to trees and power lines.
9. I’m going to help Teresa with her math this afternoon.
10. Why don’t we move the chairs inside?
11. Kate was really feeling down in the dumps about her latest chemistry assignment.
特真的对最新的化学作业感到愁眉不展。(down in the dumps：闷闷不乐，忧郁。)
12. His art was appreciated by the younger people at the exhibit.
13. Whoever wins this game gets to play against Marley in the finals.
14. I bought this coat when I was abroad.
15. There ought to be more pencils than those left in the box.
16. After the speech came a brief question and answer session.
17. We hardly studied at all last weekend.
18. She’s been through a lot lately.
19. This television program is not in the least boring.