1. I blanked outyour question. What did you say?(blank out: to forget something, perhaps on purpose; to blot something out of memory)
2. The new manager has been given no detailed instructions about how to train the staff. He just has a blank check. (blank check: freedom to act as one wishes or thinks necessary)
3. We looked in the files for an hour, but we drew a blank. (draw a blank: to get no response; to find nothing)
我们在那些文件里搜索了一个小时，一无所获。(draw a blank：毫无回应;一无所获)
4. Bill: There was a big fight at their house last night, then the neighbors called the police.
Mary: Then what happened?
Bill: Fill in the blanks. (fill in the blank: you can figure out the rest)
比利：还能怎么样!猜都能猜到。(fill in the blank：你可以猜到剩下的故事)
5. After I told her to stop smoking, she just gave me a blank lookand kept puffing.(give someone a blank look: to look back at someone with a neutral look on one's face)
我告诉她别抽烟了，她面无表情地看了我一眼，继续“腾云驾雾”。(give someone a blank look：漠然地看着某人)
6. He knew all his lines in rehearsal, but his mind went blankwhen he went before an audience. (one's mind went blank: someone's mind has experienced total forgetfulness.)
排练的时候，他对自己的台词倒背如流。但是站在台上，看着台下的观众，他大脑一片空白。(one's mind went blank：脑子一片空白)