1. The rules that the whole society today expects young people to follow and obey are too strict.
2. Which of the following three factors contributes the most to an enjoyable vacation? a. good food b. good location c. good friends to travel with you.
3. Young people today are less dependent on their parents for making decisions than they were in the past.
4. When you are assigned an important presentation for work or school, do you prefer to work on it right away so that you can work on it a little bit every day, or wait until you have a good idea about the presentation?
5. Children should spend most of their time studying or playing; they should not be required to help the family with household chores, such as cooking and cleaning.
6. In times of economic crisis, local governments often reduce the money they spend in some areas. In your opinion, if a local government is facing economic problems, which of the following areas should it spend less money on? a. libraries b.public transportation c. police.
7. People who cannot accept criticism from others will not be successful at working in a group.
8. It is important for government to provide money for beautiful things and not just for practical things. 9. People spend too much money on their pets even though there can be other good ways to spend money.
10. When making major purchase (for example, car or laptop), our decisions can be influenced by different sources of information. Explain how each of the following sources of information can influence your decision. a. recommendations from friends or colleagues b. information from media (for example, TV, magazines and newspapers) c. recommendations from sales person in the store.
11. It is as important for older people to study and learn new things as it is for young people.
12. The opinions of celebrities, such as famous entertainers and athletes, are more important to younger people than to older people.
13. Movies and TV programs made in your own country are more interesting compared to movies and programs made in other countries.
14. Some people prefer to buy new technological devices immediately when they become available. Others prefer to wait until many people have adopted them. Which do you prefer?
15. Because modern life is complex, it is essential for young people to have the ability to plan and organize.
16. People should know about events happening around the world even if they have little influence on their daily lives.
17. The most important investment for a big company is to improve the efficiency and proficiency of its employees.
18. Your community has a piece of land and is considering introducing a business to this land. Which business would you prefer? a. a shopping mall b. a performing art center c. a hotel.