1. Your name (高频)
2. Your hometown(高频)
3. Working or studying(高频)
4. A course you liked/disliked in middle school
5. Is railway popular in China?
6. The place you are living in (高频)
7. Music you like
8. Dictionary: electronic or paper
9. Reading in the morning or in the afternoon (高频)
10. Park & garden
12. Travel by car
13. Cook time
14. Clothes you like
15. How to spend holiday
1. A person with an interesting job
2. A comedy actor from your country
3. An intelligent person you know
1. A country you’d like to visit for the first time
1. A good law in your country
2. Language you want to learn besides English
3. An Important building in your city
1. A time you have a problem with equipment
以下是对本场考试中遇到的话题 A comedy actor from your country 进行语料的补充：
Describe a comedy actor from your country.描述自己国家的一个喜剧演员
You should say:
Who the person is
When you first knew him/her
What the person does
and explain why he/she is famous
1. TV series 电视剧
2. embark 开始
3. fame 名声
4. numerous 无数
5. international 国际的
6. domestic 国内的
7. contribute 做贡献，促成
8. appearance 外表
9. bald head 秃头
10. advantage 优势
11. character 人物
12. acknowledge 承认
Speaking of a comedy actor from my country, I’d like to talk about Ge You. He is one of the best actors in China. I knew him from a TV series, when I was still a primary school student.
After several successful TV series, he embarked on a new career in films, which brought his fame onto a new stage. By now, he has won numerous awards, be they international or domestic. For example, in 1993 he won the award of the Best Actor in the Cannes Festival. And his domestic awards include the Best Actor of the Baihua Award and the Golden Rooster Award, etc.
In my opinion, there are two reasons contributing to his success. The first one is his appearance. Actually he’s not as handsome as most other actors, and he’s got a bald head. However, this becomes an advantage to his career in turn because he plays in comedies most of the time, and it adds a humorous element to his acting. The other reason is his excellent acting skills. He’s a very gifted actor. In fact, his father is also a renowned actor. Maybe he has inherited part of his talent from his father. He believes that truly excellent actors must be capable of every character, and they must be very strict with themselves. He has tried nearly all kinds of characters: editor, taxi-driver, gangster, thief, etc, all of which are vividly presented on the screen. His talent is acknowledged by the society, and he is regarded by many people as the one who can represent the acting quality of China.
Unless you think you’re the smartest who doesn’t want to be smarter? Of course I want to be smarter too so I try to find out who’s the real smart guy that maybe I can learn from.
Here are the signs of smart people:
1. They don’t talk as much as you because they know they got smart by listening.
2. They know lots of things other than what they’re specialised in. Theirs is the gift of a broad mind constantly fed with the stimulant of being interested in what everyone else is doing.
3. They juggle home work and personal interests with dexterity and never fall back on the tired old refrain about “work life balance”。And when they’re juggling they somehow manage to seem 100% engaged with what they’re doing on all fronts simultaneously even though you know they’re taking appropriate steps behind the scenes to make sure their lives are perfectly serenely balanced.
4. They probably do social media. Not always but probably. It is not only another chance to listen but one they use to ensure they can feed their brains with things they otherwise wouldn’t have come across.
5.Even when things go very badly wrong they’ll be smiling. Smart people never get ruffled because their smart brains present them with alternatives faster than the bad stuff can happen.
6. They know they are usually the smartest person in the room but they don’t spend their time dwelling on that. Instead they take it as a personal challenge to see if they can make everyone else the smartest person in the room too.
7. If they are managers they will make every effort to get people smarter more connected and more popular than them in their teams. They’re not threatened because they know that smartness is synergistic. They also make sure that their smart people get to look smarter than them for the same reason.
8. They have hidden skills that never get rolled out until they’re needed. They don’t have any need to show their full capabilities for reasons of proving they’re better than others.
9. They may or may not have expensive educations. You’d never know just by being with them unless you had their CV in front of you.
10. They never ever under any circumstances make you look stupid even though it would be easy to do so. They’ve learnt through bitter experience that the only thing that happens when you make someone look bad is you look bad yourself.
Now you should know who the smart people are. If you want to be the smart onenow“Stay hungry. Stay foolish.”